Bearing seals can be divided into internal seal and external seal. The so-called bearing self-seal is the bearing itself manufactured into a device with sealing performance. Such as bearing with dustproof cover, sealing ring and so on. This kind of sealing takes up little space, installation and disassembly is convenient, cost is lower also.
The bearing external sealing performance device is a kind of sealing device with various properties, which is manufactured inside the mounting end cover.
The following main factors should be considered in the selection of bearing additional seal:
1. Lubricants and types of bearings (grease and lubricants);
2. The working environment of the bearing and the size of the space occupied;
3. Bearing structure of the shaft advantages, allowing Angle deviation;
4. Circumferential speed of sealing surface;
5. Working temperature of bearing;
6. Manufacturing cost.
According to the working conditions of the bearing and the requirements of the working environment for sealing degree, various sealing forms are often used comprehensively in engineering design to achieve better sealing effect.